Available Church Positions
As a service to our congregations and members, we are listing position opportunities that have been submitted to the Synod office. If you are a Lutheran congregation wanting to list a position opening, please contact us by email and include a short job description.
If you are interested in more information about an opening, please contact the appropriate Church body.
Listings will stay posted for approximately 3 months.
Office Manager- Part Time (12 hours/week) - Holy Communion Lutheran Church, 442 Rt. 73 South, Berlin, NJ
Holy Communion is looking for a Church Office Manager to oversee the daily operations of the church office. The ideal candidate will have strong administrative/computer skills, excellent communication abilities, and a passion for serving the community. The Office Manager will work closely with church staff and volunteers to ensure smooth operations and support the mission of the church.
• Oversee daily operations of the church office.
• Coordinate and maintain church calendar and events.
• Manage church communications, including newsletters, bulletins, and social media using such formats as Google Docs, Constant Contact, and Facebook.
• Support volunteer teams.
• Manage office supplies, equipment, and records.
• Provide administrative support to church staff and leadership.
• Other duties as assigned.
Please direct any questions and/or letters of interest to: Pastor Sara Lilja Pastor@hclchurch.org
Director of Faith Formation - Hope Lutheran Church, Freehold, NJ
Hope Lutheran Church is seeking a talented and creative Director of Faith Formation who will help build community connections in a Christian environment. Are you passionate about making a positive impact through service to the Common Good? Are you looking to make a difference connecting faith, families, youth, adults and communities? If so, this may be the position for you!
The Director of Faith Formation is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing and coordinating the faith-formation ministry of Hope Lutheran Church, Hope Christian School, and the Freehold community. This is a full-time, 35-hour week position.
As a member of the Hope Lutheran Church leadership team, this position creates and strengthens faith-based relationships, a sense of belonging and service opportunities. This team-builder develops innovative programming that positively supports the faith-based mission of the congregation and school through open, welcoming, and connected environments.
Hope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical disability or any other characteristic protected by law. The full job description is available at our website: www.hopefreehold.org
Applicants are encouraged to email a cover letter and resume to Pastor Ed Kropa. The email address is: email@example.com.
We will be accepting applications until July 1, 2023.
Minister of music/organist: Grace Lutheran Church in River Edge, NJ
***Two manual, 13 Rank Konzelman Pipe Organ. ***Digitally enhanced by an Allen Ensemble
* Selecting the music for the worship services in consultation with the Pastor and the Assistant Choir director.
* Weekly evening rehearsals with the vocal and bell choirs
* Leading performances in worship for weekly Sunday liturgical services as well as special services which include but are not limited to Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Holy Week and Easter.
*Other opportunities available.
Annual salary: Commensurate with experience.
For additional information about the position, please contact Sydney Mastropasqua at 201-560-3266 or Rev. Stephen Sweet at 201-956-2555, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Grace Lutheran Church, 925 Fifth Avenue, River Edge, NJ 07661
Pianist / Organist: Holy Spirit Lutheran Church, Villas
Holy Spirit Lutheran Church. 1220 Bayshore Rd., Villas, NJ. Ability to follow Worship Service. Sundays 10AM-Noon and various special services. Call 609-886-2414 or email Resume to Holyspiritlutheran@comcast.net
Pianist/Organist: The Lutheran Church of St Ambrose, 443 Broadway, Pennsville, NJ
Pianist and Organist:
1. Ability to follow worship services
2. Ability to coordinate with the church's Worship Team
3. Sundays 9:30-11:30 and various special services throughout the year
Call or email for more information or to send resume 856-678-6266 firstname.lastname@example.org